A Brief History of Seventh-day Adventists
ISBN: 9780828014304 | 160 pages |Paperback| Review and Herald | 2000
Adventism--What does it stand for?
Where did it come from? Where it is heading?
These and other questions form the backdrop for George R. Knight’s fast-reading but informative treatment of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
From the denomination’s founding to the present, A Brief History of Seventh-day Adventists takes its readers step-by-step through the development of the church. At the focal point is the missiological burden that literally propelled Adventism into every corner of the earth.
A Brief History fills the important need of providing a short but accurate history of Adventism that can be appreciated by church members and nonmembers alike. It provides an excellent starting place for the study of Seventh-day Adventism.
· Millerite Roots
· Era of Doctrinal Development
· Era of Organizational Development
· Era of Institutional and Lifestyle Development
· Era of Revival, Reform, and Expansion
· Era of Reorganization and Crisis
· Era of Worldwide Growth
· The Challenges and Possibilities of Maturity